Re: [Xen-devel] Xenstore remove problem - causes bug #473

To: Murillo Bernardes <mfb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xenstore remove problem - causes bug #473
From: Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:13:28 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:18:20 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 11:01:23AM -0200, Murillo Bernardes wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> Xenstore remove is removing more than it is supposed to. Like:
>
> xenstore-rm /local/domain/0/backend/vif/1
>
> removes /local/domain/0/backend/vif/1*
>
> That causes bug #473

I get

~ # xenstore-rm /tools/ewan
~ # xenstore-write /tools/ewan/12/1 v
~ # xenstore-write /tools/ewan/1/1 v
~ # xenstore-write /tools/ewan/13/1 v
~ # xenstore-rm /tools/ewan/1
~ # xenstore-list /tools/ewan
12
13

Which is as is expected, and I get the same when I use the -t flag to
xenstore-rm.  What is your test case exactly?

If you export XENSTORED_TRACE=1 and restart xenstored then you will get a
/var/log/xenstored-trace.log which may be of some use.  Beware that restarting
Xenstored breaks your connections to your backend drivers, so a full reboot is
required if you want to create domains afterwards.

Cheers,

Ewan.