Re: [Xen-devel] x86-64's __PAGE_OFFSET

On 7 Jan 2006, at 05:22, Nakajima, Jun wrote:

Jun might remember if there was a particular reason, but I can't
think

of any insurmountable technical reason why the native __PAGE_OFFSET
value shouldn't work.

There must be a reason - the system dies immediately with that change.
But I'd really like to understand why this is so, perhaps to check
with Andi whether then we couldn't generally go with the Xen value...

Jan

__PAGE_OFFSET for the native 0xffff810000000000UL has a conflict with
Xen's address map (xen/include/asm-x86/config.h):

Well, that is a good reason for the modified __PAGE_OFFSET. :-)

I guess we stick with a Xen-specific value then.

 -- Keir