RE: [Xen-devel] xen and reboots

To: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] xen and reboots
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:56:06 +1100
Delivery-date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 00:00:25 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Following up to my own post... it looks like in xen/arch/x86/domain.c
there is a variable called 'reboot_mode', which is written to physical
address 0x472 on reboot to tell the BIOS what to do. This would contain
0x1234 to do a 'warm' boot, and 0 (or anything else???) otherwise. But
nowhere in the xen directory can I see this variable get initialised...

Any ideas?

Thanks

James

does