Re: [Xen-devel] help regarding ioremap_pt ....

To: Himanshu Raj <rhim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] help regarding ioremap_pt ....
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 15:38:13 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 15:35:46 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 23 Dec 2005, at 14:41, Himanshu Raj wrote:

I see a 4MB area being allocated paging_init for ioremap (that amounts to one page of l2 entries on a 32-bit x86). However I don't see it being used anywhere.
Could someone point me to the place where it is being used.

Reason I ask is because I need to map certain physical memory in "xen", some device register's available in memory space. As I see, there is no direct
ioremap support in xen (atleast the comment says so!).

fixmap uses that area, but I think that's now the only thing that uses that area in Xen. We removed dynamic ioremap when we removed device drivers from Xen.

 -- Keir