Re: [Xen-devel] Libvir: a simple C virtualization control library

To: veillard@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Libvir: a simple C virtualization control library
From: Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:26:12 -0600
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:28:48 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thursday 15 December 2005 09:03, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>  The libvir library is born from the need for a simpler userland C library
> to watch and control Xen domains.

I'm curious why libxc isn't good enough. Is the emphasis here on "simpler"?
From what I've seen of it so far, I'm not sure I'd call libxc overly
complicated...

The reason I'm interested is that right now the PPC port is carrying some
libxc hacks for domain creation, which already have caused merge conflicts.
There's no pressing need for us to throw out our hacks at the moment, but
longer term if it's difficult for us to fit into libxc then maybe libvir
would be a better fit.

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center