[Xen-devel] Xen 3.0.0 released!

To: <Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.0.0 released!
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 12:57:36 -0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 12:57:22 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Folks,

Now seems a good time to call a Xen 3.0.0 release!  We've been seeing
good stability on the XenRT regression tests for the last couple of
weeks, and the number of bug reports submitted to bugzilla have
dropped right down. It's time to get a bigger group of people to start
beating up on it...

mercurial source: http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-3.0-testing.hg

Along with the usual binary install tarball, we've created a new
live-iso demo CD, and some RPM packages for common linux
distros. Among the RPM downloads are 'xen-friendly' glibc packages.
See http://www.xensource.com/xen/downloads

[Please use the Torrent versions if you can; http downloads require
email registration so we can control server load over the next few
days.]

I expect we'll be spinning fixes to the 3.0 series fairly frequently
over the next few weeks. You'll be able to find the very latest
updates by pulling source from the 3.0-testing.hg tree, or using the
nightly builds.

For the next few weeks, the xen-unstable.hg tree will be used to test
further releases in the 3.0.x series (we'll checkin the version of
linux 2.6.14 that has xen as a sub-arch that's currently sitting in
linux-2.6-xen.hg), before forking off to become the 3.1 development
branch once things have settled down on 3.0.

As usual, please send those bug reports to the mailing lists and
bugzilla!

Best,
Ian