Re: [Xen-devel] Dom0 memory size is persistent?

To: "Yoshi. Oguchi" <y-oguchi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Dom0 memory size is persistent?
From: Matsumoto <n_matumoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:52:22 +0900
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 07:53:21 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, all

I have the same problem.
The following is additional infomation.

>I can change Dom0 memory size by setting dom0_mem in grub/menu.lstand
reboot.
>However, when I start xend, Dom0 memory size is reset to the
>previous size (yes, the memory size BEFORE reboot).

I tried to test it.
The result is :

 1.rm /var/lib/xenstored/tdb
 2.setting dom0_mem=262144, and reboot
 3.At this time, "xm list" show Dom0 is 256MB.
 4.setting dom0_mem=524288, and dom0 is rebooted.
 5.BUT "xm list" remain in 256MB.

 1.rm /var/lib/xenstored/tdb
 2.setting dom0_mem=262144, and reboot
 3.At this time, "xm list" show Dom0 is 256MB.
 4.rm /var/lib/xenstored/tdb
 5.setting dom0_mem=524288, and dom0 is rebooted.
 6.YES "xm list" show Dom0 is 512MB.

I think tdb should be re-create every time dom0 is started.
Am I correct?

Sincerely Yours,
Nakato