Re: [Xen-devel] Xend death (bug #411)

To: Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xend death (bug #411)
From: David F Barrera <dfbp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:28:26 -0600
Cc: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 21:28:20 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ewan Mellor wrote:

This is particularly addressed to Murillo Bernardes and David Barerra, who
both have seen Xend crash (bug #411) but anyone else who's seen it, please feel
free to pipe up at this time!

I am observing this Xend crash on Debian testing's Python, 2.3.5-8, both
normal and debug builds, but I am _not_ observing it on Debian stable's
Python, 2.3.5-3sarge1, using the same piece of hardware and same Xen build.
Obviously, with these both being 2.3.5 builds, I am concerned that maybe my
tests are just missing the crash, but I _have_ tried it a number of times.

Could anyone who has seen this crash please tell me _precisely_ what version
of Python they are using, which distro it came from, if they built it
themselves, which compiler they used, etc?  If it really is a problem that has
been introduced between 2.3.5-3sarge1 and 2.3.5-8 then it shouldn't be hard
to track down, because there have been very few changes, obviously.
The machine where I've observed has RHEL 4 (Nahant Update 2). The version of Python that comes with that distro is:

Python 2.3.4 (#1, Feb  2 2005, 11:44:49)
[GCC 3.4.3 20041212 (Red Hat 3.4.3-9.EL4)] on linux2

Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 2)

Thanks all,

Ewan.

Regards,

David F Barrera
Linux Technology Center
Systems and Technology Group, IBM

"The wisest men follow their own direction. "
                                                       Euripides