[Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] xen 3.0 Test CD v1 released

To: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] xen 3.0 Test CD v1 released
From: Matt Ayres <matta@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:33:48 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 17:34:25 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ian,

Can you comment if the bugs I've reported in bugzilla #'s 402, 405, and 406 have been fixed/assigned? I tried to change a few of our (unixshell.com) users over to a 3.0 server and it turned out poorly. We have serial console (with logging) setup for our servers so when a system panics or sends an oops so I am more than capable of capturing it submitting bugs for any troubles, but I received those different 3 panics and the system couldn't stay up for more than a few hours (I had even tried turning off PAE and SMP support). This was all using snapshots from around 11/13. I know there have been many, many commits since then.

Thanks,
Matt

Ian Pratt wrote:
Folks,
As you're probably aware we've been running a number of different
initiatives to test the xen -unstable tree prior to release as 3.0.0: We
have the XenRT automated regression test suite which gives Xen a
thorough workout on a range of different machines every night. Among
other tests, XenRT incorporates the excellent xm-test suite to stress
xend. We're also running various ISV application validation suites over
Xen. There's also all the testing that's going on in the community, and
the daily reports from IBM and Intel. All indications are that we're
getting very close to release quality.