Re: [Xen-devel] Please pull from xen-unstable-docs

To: Robb Romans <FMJ@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Please pull from xen-unstable-docs
From: "M.A. Williamson" <maw48@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Nov 2005 21:10:04 +0000
Cc: Xen Devel List <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 21:10:03 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It's in the outline referenced at:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Xen3DocsToDo

I have no objections to removing it, or moving that section to the
Interface Manual.

Well, it's harmless for now. We may find it unnecessary though... There are a couple of options for xenstored but they shouldn't really be interesting to normal users.

I've had it in the back of my mind to rename the Interface Manual to the
Developers' Manual. Gentoo has the concept of a document mostly for
users, and a document mostly for developers. Thoughts?

I'm currently reworking the Interface Manual to *really* document the Xen hypercall / shared memory interface in a relatively thorough manner.

At some point in the future (post release, I think!) we might like to consider an developers manual that describes internals, debugging tools, implementation details, etc. This could either be rolled into the interface manual, or be a separate part in the same document.

Cheers,
Mark

Regards,
Robb

- -- Robb Romans (512) 838-0419
Linux Commando                  T/L   678-0419
ARS NA5TT