[Xen-devel] Yet another post about cluster management

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Yet another post about cluster management
From: "Chul Lee" <chullee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:57:25 +0900
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 05:58:48 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To Xen hackers

Hi. I am a graduate student at KAIST in Korea. I would like to use Xen in hosting multiple web sites with a clustered web server.

We are looking for a cluster management tool for Xen, which is capable of remote monitoring, controlling, and migrating over the cluster. On the mailing list, we found several efforts about it, like the following list. However, we couldn't get any current progresses or information about them.

Could any one get me any information about cluster management in the context of Xen? Any kind of advices would be appreciated. (release schedule, downloadable codes, development community, developers)

1) txenmon by Stephen Traugott
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2004-02/msg00070.html

2) xentop by IBM
IBM people, who developed xentop, seem to be looking at a distributed Xen monitoring tool, as a next version of xentop. "To think about: Support for one than one node display (distributed monitoring from any node of all other nodes in a cluster) Bottom line option (Switch node, Search node [tab completion?])" - from xentop's TODO

3) Xen team
In this year's NSDI proceeding, Xen team wrote that a cluster management tool would be one of their future works. Also, on the Xen 3.0 roadmap, the team is looking at cluster management and cluster transparency.
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/roadmap.html

Thanks
Chul Lee