[Xen-devel] VMX status report Nov.15 changset 7793

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] VMX status report Nov.15 changset 7793
From: "Shi, Kuiliang" <kuiliang.shi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:08:28 +0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 03:08:34 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We have test latest xen on VT platform with Intel 915 chipset and Here
is the test summary:

IA32:
    Build&Boot SMP xen0 without problem
    Can startup unmodified 2.4/2.6 linux on VMX domain
    Can startup VMX & Xen with different configuration
    Part of LTP runs well in VMX domain(2.6)

    IA32 key issue:
       Keyboard/mouse some time behave abnormal in VMX

IA32E:
    Build&Boot SMP xen0 without problem
    Can startup unmodified 2.6 linux on VMX domain
    Can startup VMX & xenU with different configuration
    Part of LTP runs well in VMX domain(2.6)

    IA32E key issue:
       Keyboard/mouse some time behave abnormal in VMX

For details:
--------------------------------
Platform: ia32
Guest OS: ia32

1, one vmx with memory 128    PASS
2, one vmx with memory 256    PASS
3, one vmx with memory 512    PASS
4, one xenU create            PASS
5, 2 vmx and 2 xenU coexist   PASS
6, four vmx coexist           PASS
7, network in VMX domain      PASS
8, network in XenU domain     PASS
9,part LTP test in VMX domain PASS

IA32 key issue:
       Keyboard/mouse some time behave abnormal in VMX domain

Platform: ia32e
Guest OS: ia32e

1, one vmx with memory 128    PASS
2, one vmx with memory 256    PASS
3, one vmx with memory 512    PASS
4, one xenU create            PASS
5, 2 vmx and 2 xenU coexist   PASS
6, four vmx coexist           PASS
7, network in VMX domain      PASS
8, network in XenU domain     PASS
9,Part LTP test in VMX domain PASS

IA32E key issue:
       Keyboard/mouse some time behave abnormal in VMX domain

Thanks and regards

Kuiliang shi(kuiliang.shi@xxxxxxxxx)
Open Source Technology Center
Intel Corp.