Re: [Xen-devel] Backend device in use after reboot

> > I'm not clear what the advantage in having the looping code within xm,
> > rather than within the init script?
>
> xm create foodomain
>
> This would create the state files saying foodomain is active.
>
> xm shutdown -a
>
> This would handle all domains started with xm create -a, and started
> individually.
>
> It also would mean one command to do everything, instead of several.

Actually, we have a shutdown -a that will destroy all active domains.  We also
have a -w option to cause it to do so synchronously.  When I wrote the
original xendomains script ages ago, this was just an easier way to do things
than have the init script figure out shutdowns.  It seems to have persisted
into the current generation of tools!

The create path is much simpler, though; xendomains just loops over everything
in the /etc/xen/auto directory and kicks it into life with a "create" call.
I guess it's more uniform to have it in xm but I quite liked separating it
out from the core tools.

Just $0.02,
Mark