Re: [Xen-devel] Hotplug script not working

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 11:43:02PM +1300, Greg Brackley wrote:

> I don't understand how hotplug would work on FC4, as FC4 uses udev (sysctl
> kernel.hotplug -> "kernel.hotplug = /sbin/udevsend", and udevd is running),
> but there is a limitation that xen only uses udev for udev 059 and greater
> ('check_hotplug' script); but FC4 reports `udev- V` -> 058. How are other
> people getting this to work on FC4? Why does the check_hotplug script
> require udev >= 059?

udev 059 introduced new rule syntax and semantics, which we use.

If you don't have udev 059, you need to use the older hotplug stuff.  Do you
have an /sbin/hotplug?  If so, you could try

echo "/sbin/hotplug" >/proc/sys/kernel/hotplug

and see if that helps.

Ewan.