Re: [Xen-devel] could not reboot domU in latest xen-unstable

To: Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] could not reboot domU in latest xen-unstable
From: Wensheng Wang <wenshengwang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 00:34:20 -0600
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 06:34:54 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, Ewan,
Thank for for the help.

I looked at my /var/log/message
The last line when the xend unable to restart domain is:
Nov  7 00:08:07 m8 logger: /etc/xen/scripts/block: xenstore-read
backend/vbd/2/2049/type failed.

I attached part of xend.log file,  the timeline in that log file is:
23:57:47 machine booted
00:05:21 xm create fc4
00:06:07 xm shutdown -R fc4
1minute after, I did a "xm list", it hangs, another minute later, the
prompt came back showing only domain-0

I also find if I interrupt that "xm list" after domU reboot, then do a
"xend restart", the domainU will shown paused. When I unpause it, it
will be in "r" state forever, even though in reality it doesn't exist
anymore.

My base system is fedora core 4.  gcc version is 4.01(20050727).

A side note is I copied /usr/lib/python/xen to
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ (the default python package location
on my system)  to get rid of "unable to read memory/target" warning( I
think it just warning, it doesn't seems to affecting anything).
Though I don't think this has anything to do with the problem I have.

I hope I can provide more detail,  but I don't know whereelse to look,
 If you give me some pointer I can get more information.

thanks

Wensheng Wang