[Xen-devel] infiniband issue found in xen-unstable

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] infiniband issue found in xen-unstable
From: Xiaojing Zheng <xiaojing_zheng@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 18:29:49 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:49:12 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, all:

I compiled xen-unstable on SuSe10 32 bit distribution.
Before compiling, I enabled infiniband support in
dom0. If infiniband was built in the kernel, the
device reboot itself during bootup procedure. However,
if infiniband was build as module, device also reboot
itself when I tried to load module:
/lib/module/linux-2.6.12-xen0/drivers/infiniband/hw/mthca.so.

2 days ago, I used the same package and built it on
SLES9.2 64 bit distribution, it worked fine with me.

The device I was using was a Opteron 64 bit 4 core
server. The reason I switched to 32 bit was to use
mbootpack.

Could somebody tell me what wrong it is? And how to
make infiniband work?

Many many thanks for any of your help.

Best Regards
Jean