[Xen-devel] Re: USB virt

I ported the FE and BE to a new interdomain communication interface and
the USB driver is mostly complete (the claim port interface needs to be
fixed up and there is a state machine which needs to be fixed).

I'm about halfway through the implementation of the interdomain
communication interface.

I defined a new interdomain communication interface because I wanted to
decouple the driver from changes in the underlying infrastructure so I
didn't have to rewrite it a fourth time for the next flavour of xenbus.

Also, I think the interdomain communication API I've written ought to be
generally useful and save a lot of code if people reuse it in other
drivers.

I've attached a patch of the current code.  It compiles until it gets to
some undefined references for functions I've not implemented yet.

I'm currently working on the endpoint object.  This is going to be
implemented in three layers: xenid_gnttab_channel, xenidc_xbgt_channel
and a third layer not yet complete.  The current endpoint implementation
is crufty because I'm in the middle of factoring out the code into those
three layers.

Feedback on the code would be welcome.

Harry.