Re: [Xen-devel] network-bridge defunct

To: Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] network-bridge defunct
From: Michael Lessard <michael.lessard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:17:51 -0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:15:55 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 10/18/05, Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 09:48:07AM -0400, Michael Lessard wrote:

> Hi everybody !
>
>  I haved use Xen 2.06 with my two Domains from some months and all working
> pretty good !  Now i have remove Xen 2.06 and put Xen 3 (unstable.hg) , i
> haved build this morning with make world and make install.  My Dom0 and
> DomU starts successfuly, but on my  Dom0  i haved network-bridge defunct
> when i type ps -aux, so you imagne that in DomU netwrok wan't work :(

The defunct network-bridge is not a problem.  There are other problems with
networking, and I'll let other people answer, because I don't have a handle on
them at the moment, but the defunct network-bridge process isn't a problem in
and of itself.

Ewan.

If i use brctl to create bridge like in the script,
# brctl addif xen-testbridge eth0
error on eth0

but if i use :
# brctl addbr xen-testbridge
# brctl addif xen-testbridge eth0
no error reported ...

But i thinkg to make it work with Xen, i need other things...