[Xen-devel] xen-unstable kernel 2.4 compile problem

To: XEN Devel - listmembers <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable kernel 2.4 compile problem
From: Stephan Seitz <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:06:04 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:03:27 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello listmembers,

i'm currently trying to compile the linux 2.4.30 as xenU in xen-unstable.
I'm getting errors about undefined HYPERVISOR_block() and
HYPERVISOR_yield() functions
around process.c (cpu_idle loop).
Well, there'll possibly be a lot more errors further down the compile
process, but
i'm trying to migrate the 2.4.30 step-by-step.
After reviewing the xen-2.0-testing (with working and running
2.4.30-xenU) i noticed, that
xen-unstable handles HYPERVISOR functions way other than 2.x.
Is there any function documentation existing, or does anybody of you
know, how to replace
these functions by the newer ones (i assume, HYPERVISOR_vcpu_op() ??).
Maybe i'm completly wrong, but even then it would be helpful if
someone could give me some
hints.

Thanks in advance.

Stephan Seitz