Re: [Xen-devel] x86-64 Net Performance

Update: I went ahead and compiled glibc without TLS / NPTL.  Also, I realized
that I wasn't allocating all my physical memory to Domain0 for these tests,
so I was giving Xen a disadvantage.  It didn't change much, but those tests
have been re-done.

Here's the odd thing: disabling TLS for 64-bit improved native performance by
around 10%, but had no effect on Xen.

                Native  Domain0 Penalty
64-bit TLS      50.2    65.0    29.5%
64-bit no TLS   44.8    65.0    45.1%