Re: [Xen-devel] 32/64-bit hypercall interface

To: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] 32/64-bit hypercall interface
From: Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:17:24 -0500
Cc: Jimi Xenidis <jimix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 18:16:03 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thursday 29 September 2005 08:56, Ian Pratt wrote:

> Since we're only talking about dom0 ops, it wouldn't be unreasonable to
> turn all the long's into u64's. This would be pretty straightforward,
> arguably easier than bothering with a u_reg type or similar.

start_info_t: tools, kernel
xen_parameters_info_t: tools, hypervisor
gnttab_setup_table_t: kernel, hypervisor
gnttab_transfer_t: kernel, hypervisor
struct xen_memory_reservation: tools, kernel, hypervisor
struct t_rec: tools, hypervisor
struct t_buf: tools, hypervisor

(This was just a quick grep for "long" in xen/include/public.)

The tools/hypervisor interface seems to be the most important at the moment. I
don't know if anybody has plans to do 32-bit kernel on a 64-bit hypervisor...
but why not enable it while we're in there?

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center