Re: [Xen-devel] back/frontend drivers HelloWorld

On 24 Sep 2005, at 18:40, NAHieu wrote:

Could you tell me which code in Xen uses the above 1->4 setup
procedure? I searched for some examples, but couldnt find any.

There are several examples in the kernel: grep for uses of 'alloc_unbound' in every frontend driver and 'bind_interdomain' in every backend driver. Unfortunately I think we currently have no example of doing this from user space, but the principles are the same!

There are examples of communicating with xenstore in user space in the tools/ directory (e.g. xend uses a python binding to do so). The libxenctrl functions for setting up event channels are very straightforward and also have python bindings. There also will be some code there that opens /dev/xen/evtchn so you can grep for that to get examples of how to receive evtchn notifications into user space.

 -- Keir