Re: [Xen-devel] Error creating domain - int argument required

To: Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Error creating domain - int argument required
From: Ignatia Suwarna <isuwarna@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:14:30 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:12:11 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Here is my domU config:
kernel="/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-1.1447_FC4xenU"
memory=64
name="rawhide"
nics=1
disk=['file:/root/fedora.img, sda1, w']
root="/dev/sda1"
extra="rp selinux=0 3"

I also started over with hda1, since there is /dev/hda1, but it gave the same error:
Error creating domain, int required.

Is this a known issue? Or something wrong with my config??

On 9/20/05, Ted Kaczmarek <tedkaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 17:37 -0700, Ignatia Suwarna wrote:
> I got this error message when trying to create a domain, from the
> Fedora Xen quick start docs.
>    "Error: Error creating domain: int argument required"
>
> I found relevant information from the archive, but I can't clearly
> point out what the solution was:
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2004-08/msg00282.html
>
> It seems like the problem is due to the fact that my system doesn't
> have /dev/sda1.  How do you get away with this?
>
> Any helps would be greatly appreciated.

Post your domU config and version info for better responses.

I really don't think a real physical /dev/sda1 is required but I could
be wrong, both of my test boxes are scsi and do have sda1. I have used
designations from hda1 to sdd10 for my domU's root, and it always works
as long as the fstab for that image matches.

Regards,
Ted