Re: [Xen-devel] extremely long xend startup time causing/etc/init.d/xend

To: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] extremely long xend startup time causing/etc/init.d/xendomains not to run?
From: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:06:37 -0500
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sean Dague <sean@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 18:06:18 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ian Pratt wrote:

> On one system that tries to start 5 DomU instances, it
appears only the last one (alphabetically) ends up starting. On the system with only 2 DomU instances, nothing starts. Neither of these are very speedy machines (700 & 800 Mhz respectively), so a timing problem with /etc/init.d/xend starting is probably exacerbated in this environment.

'xend start' returns before its actually ready to accept connections.
This needs fixing. [and no, I don't mean adding 'sleep 5' to xend :-) ]
Steve Hand just checked in patches I sent out last night for this. This problem seems solved now.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Thanks,
Ian