[Xen-devel] Xenoppix=Xen+KNOPPIX

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Xenoppix=Xen+KNOPPIX
From: Kuniyasu Suzaki <k.suzaki@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:51:00 +0900 (JST)
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:49:06 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear,

We customized KNOPPIX to include a virtual machine monitor Xen. We
call it "Xenoppix". KNOPPIX sets up device drivers and offers us X
window System. GUI of GuestOS is mapped to the X11 using VNC
full-screen mode.  So it looks GuestOS boots standalone.

The GuestOS can work as a server becuase of VIF-Bridge of Xen.

Current Guest OSes are NetBSD and Plan9. They are selectable at boot time.

The HP has siple explanation and snapshot-figure of Xenoppix boot.
The DVD iso image isoffered Bittorrent and FTP.
   http://unit.aist.go.jp/itri/knoppix/xen/index-en.html

We want to marge Xenoppix to HTTP-FUSE KNOPPIX. It makes to boot
Xenoppix with 5MB iso image .
   http://unit.aist.go.jp/itri/knoppix/http-fuse/index-en.html

We hope Xenoppix includes OpenSolaris and GNU/Hurd in near future.
If you have any information to install them on Xen, please teach us.
Thanks.

------
suzaki