[Xen-devel] restoretextmode crashes dom0

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] restoretextmode crashes dom0
From: "Bonnell, David" <David_Bonnell@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 05:59:46 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 18:20:12 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I’ve just been playing around with resizetextmode/resizecons from svgalib to change my virtual terminal to 132x30 characters.  This works fine under native Linux but when run from within domain 0 it causes a crash/reboot.

For example, the command “resizetextmode –w 80x25” which should save the current VGA settings to file 80x25 crashes dom0, as does any attempt to load a previously saved (e.g. under native Linux) file.

Also, is there some way to specify the VGA mode?  I tried adding “vga=ask” to the dom0 boot line in GRUB and the same to Xen’s boot line but neither has any effect and Xen always boots in standard VGA mode with a 80x25 character console.

Dave