RE: [Xen-devel] Multiple I/O domains?

To: "Rob Gardner" <rob.gardner@xxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Multiple I/O domains?
From: "Neugebauer, Rolf" <rolf.neugebauer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:13:35 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:11:46 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Multiple IO domains are currently not supported in 3.x. this is mainly
due to the moving of the PCI into dom0 (out of Xen). There was a
discussion on this a month back on the mailing list on how to re-enable
this, but I don't know if anyone is actively working on this at the
moment.

If you want multiple io domains you'd have to use 2.x for now. There is
a xen command option allowing you to hide pci devices from dom0 and then
the config file for a VM has an option to assign a PCI device to another
VM. AFAIK there is no cookbook for this

rolf