Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] New console transport and update xen

To: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] New console transport and update xenconsoled.
From: Nivedita Singhvi <niv@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:20:04 -0700
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Robert Read <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Christian Limpach <Christian.Limpach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:19:46 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Anthony Liguori wrote:

Also, there's a number of errors that this code introduces (changing things to use asprintf and not checking for OOM conditions). It would have been nice if this went to the list first so we could comment on it.

I'd also like to add another request.

I know the Xen mode of operation is "if you're using xen-unstable,
follow the commits-list for changes."

However, this is turning out to be somewhat painful. I don't want
to add further burden on developers who are putting out this code,
but it would really, really help us to get a line or two on xen-devel
as a head's up that some code has gone in and changed the way some
user-visible piece works. Sometimes, this isn't obvious from the list and
sometimes, it's not possible for all the users (quite a few who
are on xen-unstable) to track check-ins.

Documentation would be good, too :).

thanks,
Nivedita