[Xen-devel] [RFC] Genapic in x86_64 Dom0

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Genapic in x86_64 Dom0
From: "Puthiyaparambil, Aravindh" <aravindh.puthiyaparambil@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:25:50 -0400
Cc: Chris Wright <chrisw@xxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:25:35 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am working on a patch on to accommodate clustered APICs in x86_64
Dom0/U Genapic. At the moment it defaults to flat. I am thinking of
splitting genapic_xen into genapic_xen_flat and genapic_xen_cluster.

My question is that since the most of the code that checks for clustered
vs flat has been IFDEFed out what is the best way to inform the Dom that
it needs to run in clustered/flat APIC mode? Should I be thinking about
introducing a new hypercall that does this or is there another standard
way by which information is passed between Xen and Domains during boot
that I can make use of?

Thanks
Aravindh