Re: [Xen-devel] domU crash

To: Patrick O'Rourke <porourke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] domU crash
From: Patrick O'Rourke <porourke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:56:32 -0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 18:52:56 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Patrick O'Rourke wrote:

I compared the domU .config with my previous working version from 8/11 and noticed that CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_GRANT_{TX,RX} options are now turned on (the only domU config changes). So I rebuilt the domU and it booted fine, network came up, etc.

Just to follow up, the reason is for the crash was that I had built my dom0 kernel with an older config (one I've been using for this machine) and as a result the dom0 kernel was still being built with these options off. Once I enabled the options in both dom0 and domU, the issue went away.

Pat

--
Patrick O'Rourke
porourke@xxxxxxxxxxx