Re: [Xen-devel] Submit a patch

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Submit a patch
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 02:25:44 +0100
Cc: Robin van Leeuwen <rvl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 01:24:47 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> If i want to submit a patch for something,
> how can i do this? Just post it to this group?

Absolutely - please go ahead!

Best practice is:
* Send patch as a unified diff that can be applied with patch -p1 (or send the
output of "hg export <rev>")
* Send the patch inline in your mail (try sending a copy to yourself first to
make sure your mail client doesn't munge the whitespace)
* If you haven't heard anything for a while, resend the patch (and mark it as
resent in the subject line) - since the mailing list is high-traffic, it can
be a somewhat lossy channel ;-)

Cheers,
Mark