Re: [Xen-devel] console problem

To: David F Barrera <dfbp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] console problem
From: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 15:38:34 -0500
Cc: Stefan Berger <stefanb@xxxxxxxxxx>, Li Ge <lge@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Li, Xin B" <xin.b.li@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 20:37:13 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yes, I'm aware of this. The problem is that we've never had a good dependency system for the daemons we started. The extra daemon has made the problem much worse and now we're seeing timing issues.

You can work around the problem by manually starting consoled (you may have to restart xenstored too). Under the right circumstances, xend restart will loop because xenstored gets itself hosed.

I'm reworking a lot of this code right now to make it more robust and solve the problem completely. Just hang in there a bit :-)

Regards,

Anthony Liguori