RE: [Xen-devel] Benchmarking Xen (results and questions)

To: <David_Wolinsky@xxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Benchmarking Xen (results and questions)
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 00:48:18 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 23:46:43 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
David,

Which xen version is this? I'm guessing unstable.
Is this with sedf or bvt? I'm guessing sedf since you're playing around
with periods.

It would be interesting to retry a couple of datapoints with sched=bvt
on the xen command line.

Also, I'd definitely recommend enabling HyperThreading and dedicating
one of the logical CPUs to dom0.

Also, are you sure the drop-off in performance isn't just caused because
of the reduced memory size when you have more VMs? It's probably better
to do such experiments with the same memory size throughout.

Best,
Ian