RE: [Xen-devel] AOE (Ata over ethernet) Solved!

To: "Jeb Campbell" <jebc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] AOE (Ata over ethernet) Solved!
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:48:02 +1000
Delivery-date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 23:46:36 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Avi Kivity wrote:
> > perhaps the vblade server binds to eth0 instead of xen-br0.
>
> You nailed it!  To export from dom0 (to real network -- not tested
with
> domU hosts) you have to tell vblade to bind to xen-br0 (on xen2 -- not
> tested with xen3) not eth0.  I never would have thought to do this as
> dom0 should be as close to "real" linux as possible.

Ah yes. I'd forgotten about that. I ran into that problem on the other
end of the equation when my throughput figures went to crap. Instead of
using the gigabit link, the AoE module decided to use the 100mb link (it
could see the aoe packets on both links). Glad to hear you have it
fixed.

James