Re: [Xen-devel] Xen / Dell 2850 PERC 4e/Di lock up

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen / Dell 2850 PERC 4e/Di lock up
From: Will DeHaan <will@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:59:18 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Shane Chen <inconceivable@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:57:56 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Shane Chen wrote:

This is for a Xen project for work.  I have it running on a
development box with different hardware with no problems whatsoever.
However, for the rollout stage, Dell 2850's are to be used w/ the PERC
4e/Di controller (new megaraid driver).

I've tried xen-2.0-testing, 2.0.6 and 2.0.4 (all compiled from source), and
the boxes "lock up" exactly the same way.

Dell's PERC4e/Di controllers with firmware older than 516A are known to lock up due to overly aggressive cache memory timing. The megaraid driver is suspect of course but ensure your firmware is current.

        -- Will