[Xen-devel] Re: 3.0-testing

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: 3.0-testing
From: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 15:50:16 +0000 (UTC)
Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 15:52:26 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt <at> cl.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Things are beginning to come together, and I think the target of forking
> off the 3.0-testing tree before OLS (e.g. around July 16) is tough but
> just about attainable. We won't quite be in a position where the
> 3.0-testing tree is purely bug fixes only, but everything that will
> remain to be incorporated before 3.0.0 is self contained and relatively
> low risk.

Since the semantics of the tree is a bit different from 2.0-testing
might it make sense to use a different name, e.g. pre-3.0?

Also, will the 3.0-testing tree be appropriate to roll in
common-izing changes (i.e. abstracting out x86-isms) in
drivers and xc?  These should be low risk to x86_* as they
will simply be syntactic, e.g. moving inline code into macros
or separate functions.  If so, I'd like to arrange some time
to work on this at OLS?

Dan