Re: [Xen-devel] Oops when modprobing ivtv outside of dom0

On 4 Jul 2005, at 15:04, David Muench wrote:

Here's the output with ivtv_debug=255 specified. It's not a lot more
output, it looks to be crashing pretty early:

That's weird. It's crashing somewhere in ivtv_probe(), yet one of the first things that function does is print a line of debug output. But that output hasn;t appeared in your trace. :-/

Maybe try adding an explicit printk at the start of ivtv_probe and see if that appears:
 printk(KERN_ALERT "**********\n");

Also, perhaps you can make available for download somewhere your kernel module image corresponding to the crash dump? Then maybe I can look inside it to find out where in ivtv_probe() it is actually crashing.

 -- Keir