RE: [Xen-devel] mercurial now live

To: "aq" <aquynh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] mercurial now live
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:13:00 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 09:11:54 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> > > To avoid taxing the Mercurial server with a complete pull
> of the Xen
> > > repository, it is best to download a tarball of a seed repository
> > > from:
> > >
> > >    http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg
> >
> > I cannot find the "seed repository". Where to get it?

Oops, my posting last night was far from clear about that. Fortunately,
the downloads web page has all the information you need.

You can get the seed tar bar for the unstable tree from:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/downloads/xen-unstable.hg
.tar.gz

(similarly for xen-2.0 and xen-2.0-testing)

Just untar the file, 'cd' into it, and run:

 hg pull
 hg co

The .hg/hgrc file in the tar ball should automatically set as your
default pull parent to the folllwing URL, but you can do it manually
too:

 http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg

> oops, with the snapshot hg, we can easily clone xen with:
>
> hg clone http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg myxen
>
> (mercurial 0.6 doesnt support clone command)

You don't need the new clone command. You can have the same effect as
'bk clone' with:

  mkdir xen-unstable.hg
  hg init http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg
  hg co
  cd ..

[the "hg co" is necessary because by default hg does not 'get' files
from the repository, which we had configured as the default for bk.]

I'll add the 'cheat sheet' to the downloads web page and keep it
updated.

Ian