Re: [Xen-devel] accessing loopback filesystem+partitions on a file

To: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] accessing loopback filesystem+partitions on a file
From: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 03:45:11 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 02:35:13 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 02:33:05AM +0100, Mark Williamson wrote:

> Apparently kpartx (from the multipath tools -
> http://christophe.varoqui.free.fr/wiki/wakka.php?wiki=Home) can use the
> device mapper to create block devices for each partition.

 ah HA.

 well, given that phil has modified his d-i xen stuff to utilise lvm
 partitions (as the disk(!)) because i told him how abominably slow
 loopback is, this might actually turn out to be the best way to go.

 muhahahah.

 l.

 p.s. http://hands.com/d-i.  not officially announced.  don't blame me if
 it all goes horribly wrong.  search for "xen0".  another way to install
 xen guest OSes that does NOT involve using debootstrap.