Re: [Xen-devel] bitkeeper gone in 2 weeks - which RCS?

To: Soh Tk-r28629 <tksoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] bitkeeper gone in 2 weeks - which RCS?
From: Matt Mackall <mpm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:29:55 -0700
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mercurial List <mercurial@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 07:58:07 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 08:16:59AM +0800, Soh Tk-r28629 wrote:
> [...]

hg parents should help.

> Can I then make changes to this revision, then commit, and later update to
> tip? What are the commands to achieve this?

Almost. When you commit, your commit becomes the new tip. So you'll
need the heads command here to find the other head you want to merge
with.

hg commit
hg heads
hg up <id>

And this will usually imply a branch merge, so you'll need:

hg up -m <id>