[Xen-devel] Hopefully not too annoying: SMP guests question

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Hopefully not too annoying: SMP guests question
From: Paul Dorman <pauld@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:30:16 +1200
Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 03:30:49 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

could someone please give me a quick update on the status of SMP guests?
I'd like to know whether we are likely to get an SMP Dom0 machine
working stably. What are the risks with going with SMP guests at the
moment? What branch should I download if I go ahead?

The server we are going to run on is a dual 3GHz Xeon on a Gigabyte
GA-GILDR with Intel E7520 MCH, Intel ICH5R IO, and 6700PXH PCI-X (which
won't be used). System memory will be 2GiB, storage will be two RAID-1
striped Seagate 15K U320 drives.

We aren't planning any exotic hardware support (just what's on the
board).

Your expert opinion will be much valued!

Regards,
Paul Dorman