RE: [Xen-devel] kernel oops/IRQ exception when networkingbetweenmany dom

To: "Nils Toedtmann" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] kernel oops/IRQ exception when networkingbetweenmany domUs
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 16:34:33 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 15:33:40 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Am Mittwoch, den 08.06.2005, 16:01 +0100 schrieb Ian Pratt:
> > You might want to compile the kernel with
> CONFIG_FRAME_POINTERS to get more accurate call traces.
> >
> > I'd also add some printk's to the 'unusual' paths in
> netback.c:net_rx_action, such as the memory squeeze path.
>
> ? (have no clue about kernel programming. I'm only good for
> panicking kernels ;)

CONFIG_FRAME_POINTERS is just a case of using 'make ARCH=xen menuconfig'
to change the option. printk is just like printf.

> > It's also worth building Xen with debug=y and connect a serial line.
>
> That'll be some work ... i'll do so if there is interest in
> this bug and if somebody else can confirm that "ping -f -b
> $BROADCAST_IP" on xen-br0 kills dom0 when there are enough domUs.

We'd certainly like to fix it, but its fairly obscure and hence not
likely to get immediate attention unless you can give us a bit more
help.

Thanks,
Ian