Re: [Xen-devel] copying large files over NFS locks up machine on -testin

To: Chris Wright <chrisw@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] copying large files over NFS locks up machine on -testing from Thursday
From: Kip Macy <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 14:41:48 -0700
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 21 May 2005 21:41:14 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just tried copying the 3GB file over NFS from within a domU on
-testing in hopes of getting some debug info. dom0 became unresponsive
for a few seconds after close to a minute. It had successfully copied
2.3GB when I hit ^C and then started a copy from NFS to the domU's /
which itself is a loopback device mounted over NFS in dom0 - shortly
thereafter the machine locked up, the only output being complaints
from megaraid about aborted SCSI commands. It seems possible that this
is a dom0 issue.

I'll try building a stock linux 2.6.11.10 kernel with the same non-xen
options as the Cambridge kernel to see if it has the same issues.
After that I'll just stick to having everything on local disk until I
get moved to a GigE network at which point I can start testing
migration.

        -Kip