RE: [Xen-devel] Xeno-unstable crashing at boot

To: "Mike Wray" <mike.wray@xxxxxx>, "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Xeno-unstable crashing at boot
From: "Nakajima, Jun" <jun.nakajima@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 09:58:29 -0700
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Christian.Limpach@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 20 May 2005 16:58:08 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mike Wray wrote:

>>> mismatch

>>> Linux image).
>>>
>>> This was from 'make clean; make debug=y dist', so that should OK?
>>> Anyway, will try again with 'make world' tomorrow, when I'll
>>> be able to reset the machine.
>>

>> Not necessarily, if new files have been added or removed from the
>> sparse tree (which they have).
>>
>> Blow away old dist/install/boot/config* files as well.
>>

> I just did a bk pull and tried 'make world' and it failed. So
> I bloew away everything and cloned again, and it still fails:

I think the priority now is to test xen and dom0 xenlinux that have
Keir's fix. We had a problem with booting yesterday.

I typically do:

1. "make kernels"
2. Kill it in 10 sec. when it starts building dom0 linux
3. cd linux-2.6.11-xen0
4. "ARCH=xen make -j<N> vmlinuz" and copy vmlinuz to the target machine
5. cd xen
6. "make" (or "make debug=y"), and copy xen.gz to the target machine

Jun