Re: [Xen-devel] changeset 1.1403 breaks previous xm behaviour

To: Andrew Thompson <xenuser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] changeset 1.1403 breaks previous xm behaviour
From: Steven Hand <Steven.Hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 14:27:27 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Steven Hand <Steven.Hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 16 May 2005 13:27:04 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> aq wrote:
> >>(which, among other things, removes the dependence on twisted).
> >
> > Steven, that means we will remove twisted completely in the (near) future?
>
> Is twisted *evil*?

Well I wouldn't say that twisted is *evil* but it is somewhat
*twisted* :-)

> I thought I read something about wanting to get away from it, but is
> there a particular reason?

Just generally trying to:

  a) minimize dependencies on any non-standard stuff (one the faqs
     on the list has to do with twisted), and
  b) simplify the code so that we can understand it - twisted is
     overkill for the functionality we require.

cheers,

S.