Re: [Xen-devel] PCI interrupt setup failure: gateway

To: "Jonathan S. Shapiro" <shap@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] PCI interrupt setup failure: gateway
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 12:18:17 +0100
Cc: Xen Developers List <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 08 May 2005 11:20:25 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 6 May 2005, at 19:28, Jonathan S. Shapiro wrote:

Since I cannot get to the bitkeeper repository, I attempted to build and
run the latest xen-unstable tarball -- partly because that has some of
the new ACPI patches. This didn't help at all -- I suspect the problem
is that cardbus support may not exist in Xen yet.

I'll be very surprised if these problems still show up in the latest snapshot. Things were in a state of flux after checking in Intel's ACPI/irq-routing patch, and there were still some pretty serious problems until Friday (there may still be more lurking but I think the worst are gone).

However, I *did* notice that xen-unstable exhibits significantly reduced
function relative to the current FC4-devel RPM. X windows crashes, one
of the early setup tools in the boot process also crashes. Possibly
Jeremy's patches are not migrating back into the tree promptly?

Probably due to bugs added after Redhat last took a snapshot, rather than fixes that haven't been fed back. I fixed a nasty process destruction bug this morning (a domain would blow up when destroying a process that has an LDT). It's possible this will sort out your problems -- if not then please open a bug at bugzilla.xensource.com. If you can reproduce with a non-X (text console only) application then it will be easier for us to reproduce and track down.

 -- Keir