Re: [Xen-devel] garbage registers when domain killed by xen

It's probably repeatedly reentering your p-f handler at address 0. This will not cause the iret in Xen to fault (the fault will appear to occur in ring 1, address 0), and so the failsafe handler will not be triggered.

Yes, we should just domain_crash() if we see a callback to address 0. Even more helpful would be some extra crash context with an explanation (some way of stating it was a virtual 'double fault' of some kind), but I don;t know how you would represent that in a standard core dump file.

 -- Keir