[Xen-devel] Latest xen-unstable on IBM x440

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Latest xen-unstable on IBM x440
From: "Natasha Jarymowycz" <natasha@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 12:17:44 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 04 May 2005 17:17:23 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The IBM eserver x440 is one of the machines which Linux forces
to run with acpi=ht.  This doesn't work with Xen, presumably
because "acpi=off to support machines with broken or no acpi support"
is functionality not yet provided.  If I boot with acpi=force,
I can make it through the full boot sequence but the keyboard
doesn't work though I can log in over the net.  If I don't boot
with acpi=force then Linux can't find a root fs under Xen.

I have two questions:
1. When will acpi=off support be added to Xen?
2. Does anyone have suggestions for ways to work around this
problem to get as much functionality as possible?

--Natasha