Re: [Xen-devel] recent changes to writable page tables on -unstable andx

To: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] recent changes to writable page tables on -unstable andxend
From: Kip Macy <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:16:40 -0700
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 00:16:22 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> As I recall, we were taking the emulation path every time until quite
> recently. Are you sure you were actually using writeable pagetables
> before?

Well, last week I spent an hour or two removing places where FreeBSD
blew up when it tried to write directly to a page directory because
previously I didn't differentiate between PD and PT updates and today
when I removed the WRITABLE_PAGETABLES define the code initially
wouldn't compile. I can test out a tree from as of my checkin, but I'm
fairly positive.

> You probably want to augment the debug message to print out a bit more
> about the old and new pte, page type, and which pages are in wrpt mode.

Ok, I'll do that thanks.

                                -Kip