[Xen-devel] Preview of Next Generation VM-Tools

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Preview of Next Generation VM-Tools
From: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:01:56 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 00:01:42 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I've posted a preview release of the next generation of VM-Tools. This generation of the tool chain will be different from the existing versions of VM-Tools in a number of important ways. Below are the highlights:

o Single daemon based system
o Support for 3.0 and 2.0.x trees
o Improved logging via syslog
o Many others

This is just a preview release and is not meant to be used for anything other than simply understanding the new architecture. The README in the tarball includes a list of what's working and what's not working.

We anticipate a full release within the new few weeks.

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/aliguori/vm-tools-0.0.9a.tar.gz

Regards,
Anthony Liguori